The Green Room

7 Quick Takes (23)

1
I am a creature of habit. I was at a complete loss when I didn't have a chance to post my quick takes yesterday. It just didn't feel like the weekend! So I had to post them today, even though it's a Saturday.

Also, I haven't had time to blog yesterday, and don't think I will this weekend. I expect to be completely overwhelmed by all the catching up I need to do by Monday. I apologize if you have an awesome post and I don't comment on it!

2
We now own three pieces of furniture! (Since we live with my FIL, we are actually surrounded by tons of furniture, but almost none of it is technically ours.) A china cabinet I convinced my husband to buy from a garage sale right after we got married; a fainting sofa he bought me for Christmas; and our newest item, this lovely Victorian loveseat!

3
My husband was out of town all week - boo! My FIL was also gone for a couple of those days. Even though the dog kept me company, I was bored. Often when I'm bored I like to cook - but it's not a good plan to bake a different dessert every day if I'm the only one around to eat it!

4
Instead of taking advantage of extra evening time to work on my dissertation, I did silly things like buy more sewing patterns (I couldn't help it, Joanne's had Simplicity patterns on sale for $1.99!) and daydream about building our own house.

5
I actually sewed something, too, instead of just buying the pattern and letting it collect dust! I put together this super easy navy blue skirt with an elastic waistband. I wanted something nice and simple to ease me back into sewing, and this definitely fit the bill. In fact, it was so easy that I foresee myself impulse buying clearance fabric in the near future and whipping out a couple more by the end of the year. I'd love to have several everyday skirts to just run around in.

6
It was hard to narrow down to my favorite house plan. It ended up being a three-way tie between this and this and this. They're all basically the same: country-style homes with wrap-around porches. What can I say? I know what I like.

7
I actually always assumed when I grew up that my husband and I would build our own house (not do the physical labor, but design it and hire a contractor and whatnot). After all, my parents and grandparents (both sides) had done it - didn't everyone design and build their own house? My husband has informed me that this is not the case. Maybe it's a midwest thing? I'm still holding out hope, though.

Where would we build this house? Your guess is as good as mine.

Have a great weekend everyone!