The Green Room

Breakfasts for chocoholics

My husband the scientist is a chocolate lover. I don't really mind, as I quite enjoy it myself. He takes it a bit to the extreme, though. As in, every dessert should include chocolate to even be considered a dessert. Homemade breakfasts should include it as well.

This isn't too hard when it comes to desserts. While it does leave out some of my favorite cakes (yellow with white icing; carrot cake), there are so many chocolate desserts that it's easy to keep both his chocolate cravings and my desire for variety satisfied.

However, breakfast is something else. There really aren't that many specific chocolate breakfast foods out there. And that is where chocolate chips come in. We add them to almost everything now. Pancakes, of course. Waffles, too. Pumpkin muffins. Banana bread. Our go-to chocolate breakfast is fudgy chocolate chip muffins. (I love just making muffins on Sunday or Monday and eating them throughout the week.)

That is about the extent of our repertoire, though. And in all honesty, I'm getting a bit tired of chocolate chip pancakes every weekend. So I'm turning to you all. Do you have any recipes for chocolate breakfast treats? Or any non-chocolate breakfast you love that we could easily add chocolate chips to? And does anyone else have a chocolate fiend they cook for that can relate?