The Green Room

7 Quick Takes (47)

1
It's October! Whoa!

2
My goal for this month is to get a good amount of Christmas gifts done. As in, make the list, have ideas for every person on the list, and start (and ideally complete) all the homemade gifts. I'm usually not so gun-ho, but with this baby due December 13, I want to be as prepared as possible, as early as possible!

3
We found out that my husband's blood type is positive, so I did end up getting the rhogam shot. Since I really enjoyed reading your comments about that, I thought I'd throw another shot out there to hear your thoughts. How do you feel about pregnant women getting the flu vaccine? I never get sick (why yes, I am knocking on the wooden bookshelf beside me) and we never get the flu shot, so you might imagine which way we're leaning.

4
Turns out our little lady is posterior right now, aka sunny side up, aka facing the wrong way. We're not really worried, as she still has 11 weeks to reposition herself, and this can even happen during labor itself. She has also been moving a lot lately, so I imagine by our next appointment she'll be fine. But if she doesn't shift, I'm contemplating spending two minutes a day upside down in an attempt to spin our baby.

Because I'm a little bit crazy like that. And the vast world of the internet just feeds the madness.

5
Why do dogs bleed when they're in heat? Humans bleed after their fertile period is over, so I don't understand why dogs bleed while they're fertile. Apparently human menstruation and canine estrus are not the same.

6
I finally read Fatherless this week. I was going to do a full review of it, but I had mixed feelings about it and just didn't quite have the enthusiasm to fully recommend it. It was a good premise and I do wish more people would write fiction involving this stuff, but I'm just not sure that this book is the end-all be-all that pro-lifers make it out to be. Have you read it yet? What were your thoughts?

7
I can't be trusted alone in the house with monster cookies.

For more quick takes, visit Jen at conversiondiary.com!
Have a great weekend!