The Green Room

7 Quick Takes (48)

1
I knew I shouldn't have bought Halloween candy this early. It taunts me. And I give in to it.

2
Less than two months 'til our baby's due!

3
We've started packing the hospital bag. (I know it's still plenty early, but we like to be prepared.) What did you find to be absolutely essential? What did you find to be a waste of space? Anything you wish you had brought along?

4
I'm trying to do Kegels, but I still never know if I'm doing them right. How do you keep from flexing any other parts of your body? And I read a recommendation somewhere that wants you to work up to doing hundreds of them a day. Um, I'm doing good if I get 40 in. Still better than nothing, right?

5
Both my and my husband's youngest brothers are so cute. They're so excited about the first baby in the family that they think they should fly out and be here when I go into labor. It's very sweet. However... not even my mother is going to be here for the actual delivery - it'll just be my husband and me. So we've had to gently inform both our brothers that we can't wait to see them and introduce their new niece to them... but maybe it would be best for them to wait until after she's actually born. And I get at least a little time to figure out how to be a mom - in other words, I've gotta learn how to breastfeed this baby and that's not going to happen if they're sitting in the room. But I was still touched by how much they're looking forward to it all!

6
I've been cut off from book buying. Something about me buying three new books (even though I used a gift card) when I already have four or five waiting on my bookshelf, plus another stack checked out from the library, made my husband think maybe I'd gone a bit overboard.

But I'm fourth on the waiting list for the library system's copy of The Vaccine Book, and I'm afraid I won't get to read it before the baby gets here. Is that book worth the read? Worth buying? Is there another book on this topic that's just as good or better that I could look for?

7
The dog's heat cycle seems to be winding down. Hallelujah!

Check out conversiondiary.com for more quick takes.
Have a great weekend!