The Green Room

7 Quick Takes (62)

1
It was so much fun to read my husband's version of Miriam's birth story! I was cracking up. I can't wait to hear his take on the second half, because that's where things really get interesting. I don't want to give too much away, but... there's excrement involved!

So if you don't want to hear about the messy parts of childbirth, maybe don't stop by here on Monday and Tuesday.

And if you just can't get enough of birth stories, there were several that were posted this week. Kaitlin, Chelsea, Michelle, MileHiMama... any that I missed?

Do you have a favorite birth story out there in the blogosphere? I know I read Sarah's story of Lauren's birth at the end of my pregnancy to get me pumped for labor! Maybe you can suggest one that will spark Lenae's baby girl to come on out?

2
Remember a few weeks ago when I finally broke down and told you about my out-of-control chin hair? Several people suggested waxing, so I resolved to do it. Only, I don't have a beautician that I see regularly, and I didn't want to leave this important task to just anyone. So I decided to attempt to do it myself.

I don't know why this crossed my mind, as every time I have tried to wax any part of my body myself it has not worked. I think it was just my cheapness winning out, as I still had a box of wax strips from the last unsuccessful attempt. That should be a bad sign, right?

Turns out, it worked beautifully! The chin hair is gone! I am so excited!

3
The other day I asked my husband, "Would you like to know the reason we never use our china?"

Yes, I'm sure he stays up late wondering that. Nonetheless, he humors me, that sweet sweet man, so he asked.

"Why?"

"You're going to think it's ridiculous," I warned him. "Here goes. The reason we never use our china is because we don't have a matching tablecloth."

"You're right," he said. "I do think that's ridiculous."

I went on to explain how the flowers in the pattern are this weird shade of brightish blue and there is not a single tablecloth in the world in that color. And I don't want to just use white, because I'll end up staining it.

I just had to get it off my chest.

4
But I found a way to resolve the matching tablecloth dilemma! I took a saucer with me to the fabric store, found two fabrics that might work, and made a reversible table runner out of them. I'm tickled with the result! And I think I have enough fabric left to make four placemats!

I am way too excited about this.

5
Really, I have been bit by the crafting bug. Ever since I made those baby legs the other day, I remembered that I actually like to sew! And so I am filling up a whole bookmarks folder full of tutorials for fun things to make. Do you have any links to any good projects? And by good I mean very simple, easy to start and stop every time the baby whimpers, and inexpensive. And cute.

This yard of flannel is begging to be used!

6
So, what's up with Amazon? Remember how they used to offer free shipping on purchases over $25? I realized the other day they aren't doing that anymore! (And promptly bought my books from Barnes & Noble instead, since they still had the offer. Paying $1.50 more for the book beats paying $6 shipping.) They're really trying to push their whole Amazon Prime thing now. I know some of you use that. Is it worth it? I can't see paying $80 a year for it - we just don't buy enough from them to justify it. And it just seems weird that they're trying to get into the whole online movie streaming thing. It's like they've become the Wal-Mart of online shopping.

7
Lent is coming up! Whoo-hoo! In honor of that, I think I'm going to do a whole week of posts involving meatless meals, starting March 7th. Mostly in the hopes that you will join in and I can get some new ideas - I don't really do vegetarian, so my repertoire is quite small. Basically I have five good recipes that I'm going to share. Please say you'll share some in return!

Check out more Quick Takes at conversiondiary.com!
Have a great weekend!