The Green Room

Meatless Meals: Pizza

This meal is taking me way back. Back to middle school summers, when I would spend most of my mornings lying around reading, one or two afternoons mowing our lawn or my grandparents' lawn next door, and the rest of the afternoons lying around reading. My youngest brother was still in daycare, so it was just me and my middle brother. There were fights. But one thing we could always agree on was making mini pizzas for lunch! And watching The Price is Right at 10:00 every morning.

But back to the food. Mini pizzas are super simple and use stuff you probably have on hand!

As you can see, I will never find success as a food photographer.
I promise they taste better than they look here!

Easy Peasy Mini Pizzas

Ingredients
1 can of biscuits (the cheaper the better, in my humble opinion)
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1 bag of shredded cheese (2 cups)
Italian seasoning
mushrooms or whatever other toppings you want

Directions
1. Preheat oven to temperature directed on biscuit can.

2. Put 4-5 biscuits on each of two cookie sheets. Using your fingers, spread the dough into a thin circle.

3. Spoon tomato sauce onto each pizza and spread with back of spoon. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.

4. Put mushrooms or whatever other veggies on. Cover with cheese.

5. Cook for the longest amount of time recommended on biscuit can. It might need a few more minutes if you really loaded up on toppings.

The above recipe is yummy and great for kids, but pretty bare bones, so I'm really counting on you all here - do you have an amazing pizza/crust recipe? I'd like to do my crusts from scratch, but have only tried it once so far. And while it was tasty, it made two big pizzas, which was way more than just my husband and I can eat. So if you have a good recipe, please share it. And if you happen to know if I could somehow precook and then freeze the crust or something, do let me know!