The Green Room

Because I love my husband

We both woke up in rotten moods this morning. We've been having some sleep issues (and by "we" I mean our darling daughter) and it's caused some consternation and crabbiness.

But I hate being in a bad mood and I really hate sending my husband off to start his work week like that! So because I love my husband...

  • We're having buffalo wings for supper.
  • I renewed my resolve to follow my husband's plan for improving Miriam's sleep.
  • I prayed for him. More than once.
  • When I realized the dog had puked in our bedroom and I stepped in it, I did not yell and swear that I was going to kill that dog.
  • I was in a good mood for our lunchtime phone call (and I didn't mention the dog mess).
  • I will actually clean up the dog vomit instead of waiting for my husband to come home so I can point it out and tell him yet again how we are never ever having another indoor dog.
  • I will shower. And even shave my legs.
  • The house will be picked up when he gets home and there won't be a pile of laundry waiting for him to fold.

What are the little things you do for your husband?