The Green Room

Five Favorites

(Linking up with Hallie at Moxie Wife today)

1. Molly's List of "Simple Living" Books
I keep meaning to write a post highlighting the really great books we've checked out from the library... but really all you have to do is go look at Molly's list (here on her blog or here on Pinterest). I am loving it! We have checked out some of them so many times that they might be appearing under the Christmas tree this year. These in particular:

Miss Bridie Chose a Shovel by Leslie Connor
Something from Nothing by Phoebe Gilman
I Like Old Clothes by Mary Ann Hoberman

And also Ox-Cart Man. Even Daddy loves Ox-Cart Man.

And the other ones I've loved enough to put on our wishlist? The two below and Groundhog's Garden. And I'm so looking forward to my girls getting older and reading chapter books in addition to these picture books!

Rah Rah Radishes by April Pulley Sayre
The Name Quilt by Phyllis Root

2. Seeing Friends
It is amazing how refreshed I feel after visiting with friends that share our values. We were so lucky to get to see Alison and her family last week on their drive across the country! (I would share pictures, but a certain two year old broke the camera right before they came.) And Erin, if you're reading this, I can't tell you how happy I was the whole day after getting to spend a little time with you and Maria! Seeing these and a few other mommy friends helped me remember how I really do need to be intentional about spending time with other people that fill me up.

3. Planning
I am swimming in lovely lists! Gardening plans for next year, sewing plans for this fall, and even starting to think about Christmas and December birthday gifts.

Instead of doing anything with what's left of this summer's garden, I'm perusing these...

I have big plans for Miriam's fall/winter wardrobe. Probably too big.

4. New Catholic Land Movement
Oh wow. Someone left a comment on my ideal community post telling me to check out the Catholic Land Movement - and now all I want to do is sit around and read this. Soo interesting.

5. My Daughters
Always a favorite. Even when my amazing sleeper of a baby morphs into a real baby - you know, the kind that doesn't want to go to sleep and certainly doesn't want to stay asleep for longer than 30-45 minutes. And has been at it for a few weeks now, so no more hoping it's just a phase or teething. Still. I love these girls.