The Green Room

7 Quick Takes (69)

1
Anyone else having issues with Blogger the past day or two? It was "unavailable" all morning for me.

2
The bad news is my sewing machine broke. It was going to cost $110 to fix it. We won't be paying that. I'm pretty sure that's more than my parents paid for it eight years ago. Heck, I can get a better one on sale for only like $20 more than that.

So the good news is, I'm getting a new sewing machine! Any features in particular you would recommend?

3
A few people have asked about the feasibility of EC with subsequent babies. Now obviously that's something I have no firsthand experience with, but I agree that it sounds fairly difficult. However, I have read other people say that it's not as big of a deal as you would think! (And since I have found that, now that we're used to it, EC itself is not as big of a deal as I thought it would be, I tend to think they might be right.) You would think it'd be harder because you can't devote as much attention to the baby, but experienced ECers say that sometimes having older kids helps, because the siblings are able to pick up on the baby's signals and will warn you "Mommy, baby has to pee!" Interesting, huh?

4
If you're new here, I promise I don't talk about pee in every post.

(Just in the past 6 of 9 posts. Really? Oh dear. Time to move on to some more exciting topics. Although I clearly think the topic is fascinating!)

5
Miriam's first tooth has broken through! And boy is it sharp. I guess we won't be letting her chew on our fingers all the time anymore. Hopefully that's not too hard of a habit to break!

6
Any thoughts on high chairs? We had this one on our registry, but left it at my parents' house. However, Miriam would really like to sit up high with us and I'm too lazy to clear the whole table so there's room for her to sit in the Bumbo, so obviously we need to get one for ourselves. The one that goes on a chair seemed to work well, so we'll probably just get it, but I thought I'd see if anyone had any suggestions. I did search Etsy to see if there were any nice old-fashioned all-wood ones, but no dice.

7
I had no idea there were so many things to think about when it comes to baby drinking cups. There are sippy cups, tippy cups (?), and miniature regular cups. I'm thinking that when the time comes, if possible I'd like to transition her straight to cups and not have to deal with bottles. What do I need to know about these different types of cups?

That's all I've got, folks. Visit Conversion Diary for more Quick Takes!
Have a great weekend!