The Green Room

What should I wear??

Help! My 10 year class reunion is on Friday night and I am at a loss as to what to wear!

We didn't have a 5 year reunion, so there's no precedent here. Two of my girlfriends are doing "jeans and jewels" with high heels, but I don't think I'm trendy enough to pull that off. My other girlfriend is doing nice work-like clothes, but I don't have much of a work wardrobe to pull from.

My wardrobe runs along these lines. These aren't my clothes, because that would mean I'd actually accessorize or do stylish things like that.

I imagine most people will be somewhere along the spectrum of jeans to nice skirt. (Which is a pity because I have a little black dress that I found on clearance at Target that I would love to wear!) So I'm thinking skirt. But what kind of skirt? And what kind of top? And should I actually consider donning some sort of jewelry for once?!

I totally should have planned ahead and splurged for a personal shopping consultation, but it's too late now. I am limited to what I can find in my closet or perhaps at the mall. (Any good sales going on right now?) So I'm turning to you in a desperate plea for advice. What should I wear to my class reunion? What do you wear to your reunions?