The Green Room

whoa

I realized yesterday that I have been in school for 20 years straight. Now I love learning, and used to joke with my parents in undergrad about becoming a professional student. But I have decided that this is a bit excessive. I'm done and ready to move on!

Mostly ready to move on to starting a family. (I am 26, after all, and the clock is ticking! So loud I can actually hear it sometimes!) Some people daydream about finding a great job or moving into a big house - I'm craving midnight feedings and screaming toddlers and wishing for the days when I was in school again :)

But the deal is that I have to finish my PhD before we start having babies. You'd think that this would make me be working on my research faster, so I could finish faster. Yet I haven't been that motivated. I think that I'm confused and think my dissertation will somehow do itself and just be done a year from now. But that's not gonna happen, so I'm getting off here right now and on to doing it!