The Green Room

Spontaneous visitors

I got a call from my grandpa on Tuesday. He and my grandma were thinking about taking a trip to see the fall leaves and were we busy this weekend? No, not next weekend, this very upcoming weekend.

Of course not! The one plan we had was quickly scrapped to make room for their first time to visit us out here!

As if the spontaneity of them coming to visit this weekend wasn't enough, it was going to be a road trip, leaving the very next day to head from Missouri up to Wisconsin, then into Ohio today, and finally into Philadelphia tomorrow night. (For those of you who aren't familiar with those parts of the country, that's roughly 8 hours of driving each day, for three straight days.) After we got off the phone, my grandpa was going to call my dad and get advice on buying a GPS unit - that same afternoon. (No comment about my husband's attitude towards that.)

I'm worn out just thinking about it all! I hope that when my husband the scientist and I are in our late 70s that we still have the health and energy to make impromptu trips, to the delight of our grandchildren!