The Green Room

TOB is for everyone!

I was so excited to read this post this morning. It referenced an article from May (I'm a little behind) that talked about the United Methodist Church holding a seminar to explore John Paul II's Theolgoy of the Body (TOB). And when I went to look up the UMC groups sponsoring this*, I was delighted to see TOB on the top of the page! And that was not even the most exciting part. The most exciting part was that they made freely available a 17 page study text and videos of the three talks! Wowzaa!

I haven't read/watched them yet, but I'm so thrilled to see this. I can't wait to read about this from an "ecumenical" perspective. I feel so strongly that TOB should be known to all Christians, because it really isn't just a Catholic idea. It speaks to how God created us, body and soul, and how we can live a life that honors that. In fact, this is an outlook that can and should be heartily embraced by all believers, Jewish and Christian.

More sources:
A post I wrote about TOB when I was first studying it.
TheologyOfTheBody.net, perhaps the best place to go to learn more.

*Lifewatch is the pro-life newsletter for the Taskforce for United Methodists on Abortion and Sexuality (TUMAS). Their slogan is "Love Them Both." Transforming Congregations is a UMC ministry for the "sexually confused and broken" which has merged with a few other Christian ministries.