The Green Room

Will we make it to the end of the month?

So, I suggested being healthy this Halloween. I mentioned how my grandma always gave us a pack of sugar-free gum - and was immediately vetoed. Shortly thereafter we went to Sam's Club and bought two enormous bags of unhealthy chocolate deliciousness.

I was so relieved. Now I can blame my husband the scientist when I can't fit into my Halloween costume!

Actually, I made him hide the bags so that wouldn't be the case. But I accidentally stumbled upon it yesterday. Have I mentioned I'm at home all day long? And that I like just a bite of something sweet after every meal? Usually it's Craisins, because I tell myself they're pseudo-healthy, but I'm not sure how long that will last when I have the dangerous knowledge that fun-sized candy bars are lurking in the coat closet.

I am now taking bets on how much candy will be left by the time Halloween actually arrives. What do you think - will we have to go buy another bag (or two) by October 31st? Should we have just bought boxes of raisins to hand out instead? Any tips on how to handle the temptation?