The Green Room

Not Me Monday - The Secret is Out

I've fallen in love with yet another blog. The Inadvertent Farmer is hilarious, she has beautiful photos, and she owns a camel (!). I particularly enjoy her "Not Me Monday" posts, so I'm taking a stab at it. I don't know that I want to do another meme/blog carnival/whatever it is (and I don't know if this one still exists, as the original lady hasn't done one since March?), but this one has so much potential! (Another one that looks fun is Chelsea's Ten on Tuesday, if you're interested!)

So, what did I not do this weekend?

At my husband the scientist's office party, surrounded by the other scientists, when his boss asked if we were thinking about starting a family yet, I did not exclaim "YES!! And I can't wait!" I would never scream such a thing across the table to his boss at a nice restaurant, especially when the question was addressed to my husband and not me.

And when we were talking with his other boss's wife about Christmas presents later and she was confused why I would ask for different gifts from my husband than my parents, I did not jump up and down and say "Babies!! I want my husband to give me babies!"

At another Christmas party the next night, when getting advice on what should be on our list of things to do by our 5 year anniversary (go skiing, go to the shore, experience a big college football game, travel to X), of course I did not inform these two men that babies were on the top of my list, and I could care less about the rest.

And when we saw adorable children several times on Sunday, my husband did not insist it could only be a sign from God if the children physically fell into our laps. And I did not contemplate bribing a four year old to do just that, only to be stopped by my lack of cash or candy. Nor did I resolve to have an important conversation when ovulation comes around again.

I would never do any of these things!

What did you not do this weekend?