The Green Room

My Valentine

Join the fun at http://www.mycharmingkids.net/!

My Valentine and I did not shop for our Valentine's Day cards at the same time, turning them upside down at the cash register and insisting that the other person not look.

I did not make ridiculous matching iron-on shirts for my Valentine and myself. That would be way too corny.

The letters on his shirt did not end up ironed on at a 30 degree angle, and my shirt did not lose the last two letter Ts to the iron. I'm much too crafty for anything like tha to happen!

We did not feast on heart-shaped pancakes and sugar cookies all weekend. After all, I know better than to gorge myself on sugary delights and then pout when I've gained two pounds the next morning.

I did not straighten my hair for our date on Friday night and refuse to shower for the rest of the weekend so it would stay straight. That would be gross!

I did not wear a dress with shoulder pads out to dinner, and I certainly did not note that they made me look like I wasn't so hunched and wonder why they ever went out of fashion. I would never dare find value in shoulder pads!

When we came home, we did not notice our dog was spotting and I did not give her a talk about the beauty of becoming a woman. (Naturally I did not consider this to be practice for when we have daughters someday.) My Valentine did not make a comment about both of his girls being in heat at the same time. He did not then have to listen to stories about my first, ahem, womanly experiences.

What did you not do this weekend?