The Green Room

7 Quick Takes (25)

1
We've finally figured out our living arrangements for the next year! Despite my father-in-law's generous offer, we've decided not to purchase his house, even though we're already living in it. While it might be good financially, it doesn't make sense with our long-term plans.

2
We'll also be moving out of here. We moved in last August to help out my FIL, and our work here is done. It's time for all of us to move into the next phase of our lives, and do so in our own space. The lease on our new apartment starts April 1st!

3
I am ridiculously excited about setting up our new place. My husband said we might be able to buy a new bed and/or dining room table, and I cannot wait to go to all the furniture stores and antique shops! We've never really had a chance to decorate our own space and define our own style, and even he is looking forward to it. I imagine he won't be so excited after the first couple stores and sticker shock, though.

I just reread that paragraph and it's clear that I've been watching too much HGTV. "Define our own style"? Really?

4
I'm sorry these quick takes are quite boring so far. All I've done for the past two weeks is apartment hunt: scour classifieds, check Craig's List six times a day, drive around for hours, make phone calls, check out places, and go home and check Craig's List again. We'll be really happy to sign the lease tomorrow.

5
Earlier this week I found a bag of onions in the pantry. I didn't know how old they were and threw them out. Naturally, the next day I ended up cooking something that called for an onion. I dug to the very bottom of the trash can and pulled out the onions. I did not tell my husband.

6
Want a seasonal giggle? Read The Easter Bunny Must Die.

7
I hope you all have a joyful Palm Sunday!