The Green Room

7 Quick Takes (36)

1
I thought I would have the internet back by today, but unfortunately that darn chapter still isn't done. I thought maybe I could sweet talk the hubby into letting me have the internet anyway, but he's trying to practice tough love in preparation for the baby. So now I'm frantically writing my quick takes before he leaves for work and takes the cable with him!

2
I LOVE the Fourth of July! I'm not sure what we're doing for the actual Fourth yet, but we're looking into some cutesy old-fashioned festivals around here, and of course fireworks that night! It's no America's Hometown, but it'll have to do.

Also, we're having lunch with Sarah and Atticus on Monday! I'm so excited! And I will hopefully get to see a friend from home and her husband on Wednesday! So much to look forward to!

3
I think the dress dare is over now. I have to say, I was surprised at how easy it was to wear a skirt/dress/skort every day for a month. I think it's because it's summertime, though - it would be really hard for me to do that in cold weather.

4
The rest of these quick takes involve pregnancy, so if there are any guys hanging around here, you don't have to read any further. Seriously, you'll be bored, so you should probably leave now.

5
I'm definitely showing now! Okay, to most people I just look chubby, but I at least know there's a baby in there! I have more pictures than this, but thanks to time constraints and hubby constraints (he'll think you'll be bored by looking at them all), I'll just show you the before and after:

10 weeks

15 weeks (last week)

(Actually, I look exactly the same from weeks 11-14, so you're not really missing anything there.)

6
We might register this weekend! Or at least go and make some final decisions on things, like which specific stroller (I've already decided style, etc.) and whatnot. I've pretty much made all the decisions about what we are registering for. I've figured out all the basics of what we will need. However, I need some help. What do we NOT need? Please, share with me what you got that was completely unnecessary. Our apartment is only so big, and my husband has already vowed to throw out any "plastic junk" that we get that he deems unnecessary.

So far the things that I think we can probably do without include: wipe warmer, fancy diaper pail, swing (not enough space), fancy play mat, crib (we're starting with a cosleeper)... What else is there?

7
Okay, are all the boys gone now? No? Here's one last chance to leave, guys.

Alright. Now ladies, can I be frank? I am terrified of breast pumps. As in, I see them in the store and want to run the other direction. They give me the willies. I'm not sure exactly why I have this fear, but I do. My mom said I should probably get one just in case, but I'd really rather not. Is it completely unrealistic of me to try to do without one? My husband has gallantly offered to milk me like a cow if the need arises.

And I'll leave you with that thought. Have a great long Independence Day weekend everyone!