The Green Room

Convince me on diapering

I've been able to decide on how I want to do a great many things when it comes to baby, but diapers are one issue I just can't make up my mind about. Cloth? Disposable? Heck, I've even looked at "hybrid" diapers (which I actually really liked the sound of, but I'm afraid they're just charging a bunch of money so you'll feel good about being green). But at the end of the day, I remain torn.


The perks of cloth:
Cheaper
Natural materials next to baby's skin
Better for the environment
Eventually easier to potty train?

The perks of disposables:
Easy
Maybe more absorbent?
Easy
Did I mention easy?

Cloth diapering is one of those things that I feel like I should do, but the whole ease of just throwing the disposable away just sounds so nice. I've contemplated starting with disposables and switching to cloth, but realistically I don't know that I'd be able to make the switch. My husband can go either way at this point, and so can I.

Also, I'm a bit confused. Are there approximately 732 types of cloth diapers out there? How the heck will I know what type to go for? The only thing I've figured out so far is that the all-in-ones look cute.

So please, for the sake of my pregnant sanity, tell me: What do you use? Do you love it? If you don't have a baby yet, what do you plan to use? Anything that I should stay far far away from?