The Green Room

How to play blog catch-up

Maggie wrote about the same topic just last night!

Between my family being in town last week and recovering this week, I've fallen behind on my blog reading. I hate opening up my blog dashboard to see an overflowing reading list, and start to panic about how much I've missed. For a while I would try to go through and read every single post, and while I still do that if it's only been a day or two, sometimes that's just overwhelming.

So what I do instead is ignore that massive list and just read the new updates. As each blogger produces a new post, I read it along with the ones they wrote that I've missed. I'm less likely to comment when I do this, as I feel like I've already missed being part of the conversation, but I at least feel caught up. This is more manageable and less intimidating to me than trying to read everything at once.

How do you catch up when you're behind on your blog reading?