The Green Room

7 Quick Takes (67)

1
So what did you think of the dress? I thought it was beautiful and elegant, but it was definitely not my style. I loved the skirt and long train, though.

My husband thought she looked too skinny. I love that man.

2
Anyone doing anything to celebrate John Paul II's beatification this Sunday? Any good ideas to share?

3
We've decided we'd like to donate our car instead of selling it. Has anyone else done this before? Anything we should know? We're leaning towards donating it to The Society of St. Vincent de Paul, but they're just what I found on a quick online search, so we're open to suggestions for other groups to give it to.

4
I realized yesterday why I'm destined to not be a novelist - I just don't do details. When I'm reading a story, no matter how good the writing is, I see a few paragraphs describing the scenery and just skim over it. Even when I tell myself to slow down and soak in the details, I end up skimming. Since I don't bother reading them, I've never bothered to try to write them, either. Any other detail skimmers out there?

5
My husband was telling me about this "liquefaction" happening in Japan. Have you heard about this? Apparently there's a part of Japan that was essentially built on a landfill, and after the quakes and whatnot, the ground is no longer stable. So the ground sways and opens up and water oozes through. Scary! Check out the first 45 seconds of this video, which I found here.

6
Perhaps I should clarify that Miriam doesn't always poop just once a day (since we're already way past the point of TMI when it comes to my daughter's excrement). We're not that lucky yet! She goes anywhere from 1-3 times a day. She always does it once first thing in the morning, then often a second time later in the morning. If she's going to go any more the rest of the day, it's by suppertime.

How do I know when to catch the later ones? I don't, really. She just only goes when I'm holding her in position. Occasionally she'll let out a toot, and then I do whisk her to the bathroom, because that's the only signal I know! But on the whole it's up to her.

7
So apparently they only make infant sleep gowns (as opposed to sleep sacks or pajamas) in size 0-6 months. Miriam had outgrown hers by 3.5 months. So I decided to sew one myself. I finally finished it this week - just in time for the weather to be too warm to wear it! Oh well, that's the way it goes!

Visit Jen for more Quick Takes.
Have a great weekend everyone!