The Green Room

7 Quick Takes (5)

1

I finally ordered a new RoadID. You should definitely get one if you ever work out. If anything ever happens to you, your identification (name, emergency phone numbers, allergies, etc.) is always on you. Between my husband the scientist and my parents, I don't think I even have an option of not wearing one. Anyway, they sent me a "tell a friend" discount code that can be used 20 times by Sept 21, so I thought I'd pass it on to you. $1 off with Coupon Number ThanksElizabeth532154. They even gave me a specific link: http://www.RoadID.com/?CID=ThanksElizabeth532154. Enjoy!

2

Does anyone know how to do a repeated-measures ANOVA with multiple factors? Because my statistics knowledge gets me to being able to guess which test to do, and stops there.

If not, does anyone have any good resources for using SPSS? One that will walk you through every step of doing the aforementioned test?

3

Turns out Wednesday was Women's Equality Day. (Did you miss it, too?) This post informed me of it and asked the interesting question of if it is still relevant. I actually had no answer. It made me ponder again what the goal of feminism is. Maybe we need a day to celebrate the complementarity of men and women instead.

4

Along the same lines, I'm rereading The Privilege of Being a Woman by Alice von Hildebrand. I was only so-so on it the first time, so I'm looking forward to seeing if my opinions on it have changed.

5

This is probably the most boring QuickTakes ever. I don't blame you if you stop reading now. You probably shouldn't go on.

6

Seriously, I shouldn't have done that last post on our internet troubles - I should've left it for here. Because I have nothing for #6. Stop reading while there's still time.

7

I warned you in #5. Nothing to say. (Well, nothing short enough at least.)

Actually, these last three have reminded me of one of favorite childhood books ever. Do you remember The Monster at the End of This Book? Starring Lovable, Furry Old Grover? Classic!

For much more interesting QuickTakes, check out www.conversiondiary.com!