The Green Room

7 Quick Takes (35) - Does anyone actually...

Today's quick takes are a compilation of things I've been wondering for a while now. Does anyone really do any of the following things? I'm seriously curious.

1
Does anyone actually cook a frozen pizza directly on the oven rack? The only two times I've tried this, the pizza got completely cooked onto the rack and it was a disaster. Ever since then, every time I cook a pizza (using a pan) and the directions say to put directly on rack, I get confused. Did I do something majorly wrong? Is there some trick to this? Can a pizza actually be cooked on the rack without being ruined?

2
Does anyone actually have a toilet seat cover that fits? Seriously, I've never had one that actually fit the lid, and now I think about it, I don't think my mother has either. I'm about to do away with these things altogether.

3
Does anyone actually get a linea nigra during pregnancy? I keep reading about this dark line that might appear south of my belly button, but I had never heard of this before reading the gazillion baby books that I've gone through. Come to think of it, this is just one of many things that I'd never heard of pre-pregnancy. I'm sure I'll continue to learn more.

4
Does anyone actually believe Obama is the anti-Christ? Sarah pointed out a great article last week about how, well, foolish that is. People are free to hate Obama, but let's not get all ridiculous about it. Seriously, if you didn't read it last week, I do encourage you to check it out now: Wishing Grey Was Black Ruins Your Spiritual Health and Makes You Stupid.

5
Does anyone actually replace their baking soda every 30 days? It tells you on the side you need to, but I never do. In fact, I don't think I've changed it since we've gotten married, almost two years ago. Things are still cooking fine, as far as I can tell.

6
Does anyone actually pray the rosary every day? I can handle praying every day. I can even see getting to daily mass. But for some reason the thought of praying the rosary every day is quite overwhelming to me. To be honest, I can't even do it once a week at this point. But I know there are people out there who do it. If you're one of them, any words of wisdom or inspiration? Or if you're someone who does a different type of prayer every day, anything to share?

7
Does anyone actually take a bath towel to the swimming pool? I've actually made a friend in my neighborhood and we're going to the pool this afternoon, and I'm so excited! The only thing is, we don't have any beach towels and my husband forbid me to go to the store and spend money on one because (a) we have plenty of bath towels, (b) I inevitably buy more than just the one thing I set out to get, and (c) I need to spend the morning actually getting work done so I can take the afternoon off. And yet, I feel like a 15 year old again, and I'm worried that my new friend won't think I'm cool because I don't have a beach towel. Yes, that is how mature I am. Someone please tell me that people take bath towels to the pool all the time?

Have a great weekend everyone!