The Green Room

7 Quick Takes (37)

1
A few months back, I showed you the more modest swimsuit I had bought, and I thought it was time for an update now that I've actually worn it. Well, I am loving it! I feel completely covered from my chest to my bottom, but not too frumpy. It's so fun and retro!

Then again, I think part of the reason I feel so darn comfortable in it is because I'm not worried about sucking in my stomach, like I have every time I put on a swimsuit for the past 15 years of my life. Oh glorious baby bump!

2
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on diapering! Sometimes it feels like I'm cheating to just ask you all your opinions about all this baby stuff, but I can't help it. I LOVE reading your responses and hearing what works for different families. You have the benefit of getting baby advice with the bonus of it being about what you want, when you want, without the pressure to take it that comes when people talk in person. It's so great!

3
I was mildly surprised at how few people plugged disposables. Is there some sort of stigma about them? The cloth diaperers seem to love it, though. After talking it over some more, we decided that we will be going with cloth. My husband is quite resolute about this, which I like. He's also very intrigued by the whole Elimination Communication rationale (we've heard whispers of it before, and it was suggested by Maria in the comments), but we're just not sure about how that would actually work. I'm already overwhelmed enough by the gazillion types of cloth diapers out there!

4
I wanted to reply to so many of your comments over the past two weeks, but as I mentioned, my internet privileges were quite limited. But now I have my chapter written and daily internet is back in my life! Whoo-hoo! So if you get a random response from me next week about something you wrote a while back, it's because I'm finally catching up. At least I'm hoping that happens.

5
One of my friends from college and her husband came through town on their vacation this week! Yay! My husband took a day off from sciencing and we all went to Hershey's Chocolate World together. Sweet. In every sense of the word.

In case you didn't notice, my Friend is very pregnant! The bump that I was so proud of suddenly looked like nothing more than bloating next to her three month farther along baby. That's okay - I'll be that big come October!

6
The guys also put up our curtain rod! It took two months of sitting in a corner and a one couple from Iowa, but we will now be able to have some privacy in our living room. Well, after I sew the curtains, that is.

Don't they look like they're having fun? (Ignore my husband's fake angry face - he was actually really happy to get it up.) I know exciting enticements like this are just what it takes for people to want to visit us.

7
You may have noticed there are date stamps on my pictures. How unprofessional, huh? I've readily accepted the fact that I will never be a professional or even an amateur photographer. I have no problems with this. My only goal is to print out pictures every couple months and immediately put them into albums chronologically. I figure once the baby comes, even that will be pushing it. No need to attempt to be a scrapbooking queen. If that was a skill I possessed, our honeymoon scrapbook wouldn't still be sitting on the bookshelf unfinished. Know thyself, right?

Have a great weekend everyone!