The Green Room

7 Quick Takes (42)

The Quick Takes are being hosted at Betty Beguiles today - do join in!

1
We're having a priest over for dinner tonight. We thought it would be nice to have him over, since he recently moved into our parish and we knew him from being in his previous parish. But now I'm wondering, what is that like, to have a priest over for dinner? Is this normal? Is it like any other guest? I'm not really worried, just curious to see how it goes.

Do you often see your priest outside of the church?

2
I didn't think it would happen this soon, but it has. I unsubscribed from the NY&Co email list. I'll miss the great deals they are always pushing, but seeing as I can't fit into their clothes anymore, I figured that was one less thing I'd have to delete every week. Now I just have to do it for all the other junk lists I'm on...

By the way, Babies 'R' Us? I assume it's you who sold my email address to every company that sells baby products which we won't be using. You know, you could've at least shared it with some place I would actually buy from. Actually, I'm not sure - are there any good email lists out there for pregnant women or new mothers?

3
I got an award! Michelle gave me the High Hopes Award - isn't that sweet? I hate having to pass things on, but thought to myself "Which blogs do I always save to read last, because they inevitably leave me in a good mood?" So if I had to list just a couple blogs that consistently leave me feeling optimistic, they would include (but not be limited to):

Sarah at This Heavenly Life
Chelsea at Roots and Rings
(and my newest find, from just this week:)
ViolinMama at A Rosey Outlook Adventure: Homeschooling

4
I've been too chicken to talk about homosexual "marriage" on here yet, and am very excited that Alison is gearing up to address it. In the meantime, I thought this was a very interesting article: Five Ways to Talk to the Left about Same Sex Marriage.

5
About a month ago, I had a post all prepared about running throughout pregnancy. And then while I was out running, I fell. It wasn't a bad fall (I caught myself on my hands), but I've scaled my workouts down to the occasional walk/jog since then. I'm surprisingly okay with that.

Years ago I had these grand ideas about how I was going to work out through my entire pregnancy and pick an OBGYN based entirely on their approach to exercise.

Years ago my husband had these antiquated ideas about how pregnant women should stop all exercise and essentially go on bedrest through their entire pregnancy.

We've both mellowed, thank goodness.

6
I can actually pinpoint the exact day that I changed my mind on this. It was shortly after we'd gotten married. I had waited too long to get my run in, and was paying the price by suffering through several miles in a hot summer afternoon. In the midst of my sweating, I saw another runner coming my way. She was very pregnant... and I was horrified. HORRIFIED. It was one thing for me to be stupid enough to run in the middle of the day, but quite another thing for her to be doing it!

I was not too happy with this gut reaction. I tried to tell myself that I should be impressed at her perseverance or inspired by her commitment to good health. It didn't work. I came home and confessed to my husband that maybe, just maybe, I would have to modify my exercise routine when we got pregnant.

7
We're going back to Missouri next week! I'm having a shower on Saturday and I'm so excited about it! This will be the last time I fly home until who knows when, so I'm really looking forward to spending some quality time with my family. Even my brothers are excited to see my bump - I really hope they get to feel her kick!

Have a great weekend everyone!