The Green Room

7 Quick Takes (52)

A pregnancy-related guest post from my husband the scientist!

1
I have four generations of women in the house right now if you include our unborn daughter - my wife's mother and grandmother are here visiting. Growing up I only had one great grand-parent and she passed away at 100 years old. I was about five years old. Our firstborn is going to have five great-grandparents alive at birth. And they all will get the chance to know our child.

2
Women are saying my wife's carrying like it's gonna be a boy. That and I also had a dream that it came out a boy. Is there any old wives tale about the husband knowing the gender from a dream?

3
Come to think of it. Are there such things as old husband tales?

4
After watching the skits below, I feel fairly confident that we're going to have a natural childbirth. Why? Because we're not driving a Ferrari to the hospital.

(Watch while eating jello pudding snacks.)

5
One of the pediatricians we saw said that they're recommending the HPV vaccine for 11 year old boys now. We won't be using that pediatrician.

6
My wife's jumped on the probiotic bandwagon. I've been drinking Kefir for the past year and my stomach feels great. That and my wife says my breath smells good after I drink the raspberry and strawberry flavors.

7
After reading Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way, I told my wife that her labor "will be our finest hour." I think it'll be a good test of how much we are really paying attention to each other and how much we understand her body and the birth process. I can't wait.