The Green Room

Thirty pounds later

I told myself I didn't want this blog to become too baby-focused, but with only four weeks 'til the due date, I really can't focus on anything else! So how about a little pregnancy update, huh?

  • I cut my hair, as you can see. (In the picture above I had just gotten out of the shower - it looks a little better than that in real life.) What does that have to do with pregnancy? We were worried about my long hair getting in the way of breastfeeding. Even my husband, who loves my hair long, decided chopping it was necessary.
  • I've gained 30 pounds, which my husband and mother assure me is all in my stomach. I choose to believe them.
  • The baby should weigh almost 6 pounds by now. The doctors haven't tried to guess what her birth weight will be, which I really appreciate, as I hear those are notoriously inaccurate.
  • She's head down and should stay that way. Yay!
  • She leaves me breathless - seriously. I pant if I try to talk while doing anything else. My husband has informed me that at night I take two breaths for every one he takes. I'm looking forward to her dropping so I can breathe a little easier!
  • I still haven't decided on a pediatrician. I had one I was leaning towards, but today when I asked the doctor what he thought of this one, he said he did not recommend him. So now I'm fretting and looking back over the list to see who else I should check out.
  • I had two showers this weekend and was overwhelmed by everyone's generosity!
  • We are now swimming in pink.
  • My mom and grandma had a great time visiting and talking baby. They both had fairly short labors, so I have my fingers crossed that will run in the family!
  • I haven't felt any of these nesting urges I hear so much about. When are they supposed to kick in?
  • Did I mention it's only 27 days 'til her due date?! Whoo-hoo!