The Green Room

Little domestic dreams

I sometimes find myself daydreaming of the simple things we will have someday.

An automatic ice cube maker. I go through a lot of ice.
A full sized ironing board. Not that I ever iron clothes, but it would be nice for sewing and craft projects.
A clothesline. I can't wait to see our diapers drying in the summer sun!
Enough bookshelves. So the books wouldn't be piling up elsewhere.

And then I remember that in many ways, "someday" has already arrived. We have a dishwasher! We have matching furniture! And every kitchen appliance we will ever need! And most importantly in my opinion, a washer and dryer inside our apartment! And most importantly in my husband's opinion, a dog!

So while I may be holding out for that perfect dream house on a couple acres with a wraparound porch and a laundry list of other features, right now I'm also quite content in our little rented condo.

What are the simple home pleasures you daydream of? What are the favorite ones you already have and enjoy?