The Green Room

Music + Babies = Perfect

Miriam and I are infatuated.

She is infatuated with an adorable home video of two sweet babies. Every time I go near the computer she shrieks "Baby! Baby!" and climbs up on the chair to watch it.

I am infatuated with the song that accompanies the video. It's "Perfect" by Colleen Nixon... and it's perfect. She has a fantastic voice and apparently she writes awesome music. Even my skeptical husband was very impressed.

I can't get it out of my head, and for once I don't want to. I go around singing it and humming it and bouncing around to it - until Miriam hears me and clamors "Baby! Baby!" and heads for the computer. I can't whistle two notes without her knowing exactly what song it is!

Kaitlin introduced me to this singer/songwriter and I immediately knew I wanted to hear more by this gal. I think you should, too! Would you consider donating to her Kickstarter campaign so that she can release a full-length album? I know, money's tight right now, for all of us. But just a $10 donation and you get a digital download of the album, so it's less like you're donating and more like you're buying an awesome cd! She only has ten days to make her full goal or she won't get any of the pledged money.

At least consider it. And even if you don't, you should check out this video. Because the music is great and those two cuties in the video? They're Colleen's son and Kaitlin's daughter. And if you have a toddler, they're going to love watching it. Maybe even a bit too much.

You can donate here. Oh, and enter Kaitlin's giveaway to win Colleen Nixon's other cds!