The Green Room

two months notice

We have officially given our landlady the two months notice that we're moving out. That means by August 15 we will have completely moved in with my father-in-law. Instead of being sad about leaving the cute place we have now and no longer being able to do things like eat supper in just a sports bra, let's focus on some of the positives:

  • Walk-in closet. Enough said.
  • King-size bed. Although I think that might be too big!
  • 3 mile path around subdivision perfect for running and biking.
  • Grocery store less than 4 minutes away. Does that make me sound old?
  • My father-in-law. I've always loved him. If I had to move in with any of my husband's relatives, he's the one I'd pick! Living with him should be fine.
  • Plenty of room for visitors - hint hint! Yes, that was directed at you.
  • No rent. I'd like to say we'll use the money we're saving to visit you. But knowing my husband, it'll go straight to some account for our future kids' college tuitions. He's such a planner and I love it.
  • A dryer that actually works. Confession: we've been doing our laundry there most of the time anyway. It brings back memories of hauling home laundry during college.
  • A dishwasher. As romantic as it is for the hubby and I to do the dishes together every night.
  • A piano. I haven't played that in years and years, so it may become a delightfully time-sucking distraction from work.